‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin and here I present you with my own little pumpkin cheesecake pastry. Super easy and super tasty makes this a win all around!
3/4c Mozzarella, Shredded
1/3c Almond Flour
1/2c Pumpkin Puree (I use Libby’s canned)
4T Cream Cheese, Softened
2T Splenda (or adjust to your favorite sweetener)
1t Pumpkin Pie Spice
For Icing: Splenda, Heavy Cream, Vanilla
1. Make the dough — Put the shredded mozzarella in a bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir in the almond flour until well combined. Divide dough in half. Place one part at a time between parchment paper and roll out into a oval/rectangle.
2. Make the pumpkin filling — Combine in a bowl the pumpkin puree, 1T Splenda, and pumpkin pie spice. Spread on to dough leaving space as shown.
3. Make the cream cheese filling — Combine in a bowl the cream cheese and 1T Splenda. Place down the middle of the pumpkin filling.
4. Fold your pastry – tops, sides (may need to trim final flap like I did so there won’t be able hangover), flip over and splice top with steam vents. Bake at 400 for 12 minutes. When browned and “taps” to the thump it’s done.
5. While it’s cooling, mix together a few tablespoons with [very] little heavy cream and just a dash of vanilla. It should be the consistency of melted ice cream. Once your strudel is cooled, drizzle with icing and enjoy!
The finished product is about 12″ long = four servings.