Chocolate, peanut butter, and coconut… sweet, crunchy, salty… I dare you to resist this keto bark. Run, don’t walk to your kitchen for this recipe is tasty, easy to whip up, and takes just 30 minutes from start to in your belly.
One night a few days ago I was cruising my Facebook news feed when a recipe for keto friendly brittle went by. I backed that page up, clicked in, then ran to my kitchen to give it a whirl. It did not disappoint.
Since then I tweaked it to our liking – which I encouraged everyone to do with any recipe. I’d be a horrible person if I didn’t share it with you, sooo…. you’re welcome.
1c Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
1/2c Coconut Oil
Your favorite sweetener (I use liquid stevia)
1/2c Pecan Pieces (or any nut, roasted or not)
1/4c Unsweet Finely Shredded Coconut
1/2c Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (I love Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips)
3T High Fat Butter (I use Kerrygold *not pictured)
Coarse Ground Salt (I use pink Himalayan)
1. Put peanut butter and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for approx. 1 minute. Stir until it looks like soup. Add sweetener to taste. (If your sweetener looks like mine, two quick squeezes is just sweet enough.)
2. Pour into a lined standard cake pan. Sprinkle on coconut and nuts. Pop in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
3. While waiting, grab a coffee mug, and throw in the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Stir until it runs smooth.
4. Pull the cake pan out of the freezer and lift the bark out of the pan using the paper. Drizzle chocolate on top. Sprinkle with salt. Pick up the bark by the paper and place it it back in the pan. Return to freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Pull out of the fridge, bring it out of the pan again, chop up, and enjoy! Store in the fridge in a plastic baggie.
…psst… If you partake in Halo Top ice cream… put a little with this. You will not be disappointed.