While making a batch of keto chocolate chip cookies, I got a wild hair and threw together some roasted, praline pecans. I mean, the oven was already on and it’s 90+ degrees outside, so why not make the most of it?! The result was crazy delicious. Check it out…
4c Pecans (raw – I buy in bulk at Costco)
6T Grassfed Butter (like Kerrygold)
3T Splenda (I buy the large bag meant for baking/cooking)
Note: You may want to adjust Splenda and cinnamon to your liking. Sweets are my thing, so these are sweet!
Tip: Try sprinkling in nutmeg or cayenne pepper.
1. Put pecans, Splenda, and cinnamon in gallon sized zip-lock plastic bag and shake well covering the nuts.
2. Melt butter in microwave.
3. Pour butter in to bag and shake well to coat the nuts. Lay bag flat and set aside until oven is ready.
4. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Once pre-heated, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread contents of plastic bag evenly on pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Carefully drag parchment paper covered in deliciousness on to cooling rack. Give it a few minutes until digging in. Let cool completely until tossing into plastic storage bag.
Result is a roasted, buttery pecan with a crispy and sweet coating.
This makes six half cup servings. Using the products I did, you’re looking at 378 calories and 2.9 net carbs per serving.