Cheesy, creamy, ham-n-bacon goodness. Is your mouth watering yet? I’d like to introduce you to my keto luxe cheesy cauliflower ham casserole. We’re going to call this recipe “luxe” because it feels sinful.
Depending on the brand of products you use, you’re looking at about 3-4g net carbs per serving. This recipe makes eight servings.
1 head Cauliflower
1 pkg Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
1.5lb Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1 small Yellow Onion, Diced
2c Ham, Cooked and Diced
1/4c Heavy Cream
2T Grass Fed Butter
1/2c Sour Cream
1t Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Prep your bacon, cheese, ham, and onion. Save the pan you cooked the bacon in along with a few tablespoons of grease.
2. Cut up the cauliflower and place florets into a microwave safe bowl. Smaller pieces are best. Add about 1/4-1/3 cup of water and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Place in microwave for 10 minutes, then set on counter to finish steaming for about 2-5 minutes. Don’t remove plastic wrap until you’re ready for step 4.
3. While the cauliflower is doing its thing, brown ham and onion in the bacon grease. Drain off excess liquid and set aside.
4. Put cauliflower in bowl of stand mixer and beat until smooshy.
5. Add butter until well incorporated.
6. Add heavy cream and sour cream.
7. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
8. Add onion, ham, and all but a handful of bacon. (Set the handful aside.)
9. Add half of the cheese. Mix just enough to blend, not to melt the cheese.
10. Dump contents of mixing bowl into a 9″x12″ baking dish and spread into an even layer. Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
10. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let sit until it stops bubbling when done. Enjoy!
Peace, love, and bacon.